Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fun day turned not so fun day

So while Kevin is away I've been thinking of fun things that we can do to fill our days up. So today's plan was a picinic in the park on a beautiful sunny day. Well, we packed our lunch, headed to the park and we were ready for some fun. Ate our lunch and the girls went to play. Naomi wiped out on the cement where some sand was sitting and scratched up her hand. Then after finally convincing her to go back and play she wipes out again in the same spot. This time she really hurt herself, scratched up her ankle pretty good, more of her hands and now her knees. So to top it all off as I am trying to calm her down, it starts to rain. I don't mean rain as in "showers" I mean rain as in "downpour". So I'm trying to keep Naomi from crying, trying to collect Ameila off the jungle gym (a feet that should only be undertaken with great care as she is SOOOOO fast and SOOOOO fearless), and get everybody (including poor Elliott who is in the stroller) into the van before we all get soaked to the bone. So into the van we go, everybody is now crying because 1) Naomi is still hurt, 2) Amelia is mad that I took her away from the park and 3) Elliott is startled by the quickness of me getting him into his car seat. So off we head home and wouldn't you know... IT STOPPED RAINING! Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

No comments: